Well, it’s rodeo time again! The festivities kicked off here in Vegas on DEC 3rd and will continue til DEC 12. I’m having a hell of a good time & have been visiting different venues all week. The after parties have been super fun; I have never seen so many good-lookin’ men in one place in my life! Except for last year at this time…
It’s not too late to join in the festivities:
TICKETS | SCHEDULE | PARTIES | TRANSPO
I’ll leave ya’ll with a little humor as to why a woman who rides is an enviable notch on your bedpost…
1. We have 4 speeds and many positions.
2. We wear tight pants and tall boots.
3. We love getting dirty.
4. We know how to ride our mounts.
5. We perform well with animals.
6. We like to be in control.
7. We’ll ride it for hours.
8. We know how to handle a big girth.
9. We get off easy.
10. We’re always on top.
11. We like it rough.
12. We have our legs spread all day long.
13. We love using whips.
14. Straddling is our natural position.
15. We don’t mind being bucked around.
16. Endurance riders do it longer.
17. We can ride standing or sitting.
18. We think the fast ones are the most fun.
19. We’re used to having hands between our legs.
20. If we fall off, we get back on and ride harder.
One thing that’s on my mind with today being the 4th of July: the actions taken by colonists in America to free themselves from British tyranny were terrorist in nature, according to the dictionary definition of terrorism.
the use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims.)
This is not a debatable opinion, it is so. I find it hypocritical that so many people who proclaim “Happy 4th of July!” and say they are proud Americans judge those members of our society who protest openly, speak out and civilly disobey to show their discontent with the state of affairs in this country. Rights are never freely given. People have to fight for them, and more importantly people have to DIE for them. Society has to be disrupted to a great degree for things to change.
Those who benefit most from maintaining the status quo are without conscience, no matter the time in history that we’re discussing. That 1% doesn’t give a fuck about you, me or anybody else that isn’t one of the elite. This attitude has nothing to do with political parties; that’s just a dog and pony show to keep you busy. If you are pointing the finger at people who are causing a ruckus and drawing attention to injustice in America, you should be proud of your fellow Americans. That is, unless you think freedom, justice and equality are only for certain people, in which case you need to #checkyourprivilege
Whether you’re a Vegas virgin or long-time repeat visitor, you can never know about too many interesting diversions & secrets the city holds. According to the Las Vegas Convention & Visitors Authority, the average visitor in 2014 spent 4.2 days and 3.2 nights here, and who comes to Sin City for a boring time? You could have stayed home for that! Here are 4 absolutely delightful ways to enjoy YOUR Vegas vacation (aside from seeing moi, that is)
- STAY: VIP check-in/VIP arrival @ Vdara – Transportation from McCarran to Vdara, check in as early as 11 a.m. and more perks.
- DINE: Visit Julian Serrano’s Lago (Bellagio) – Try the Rosso Bellini; it features a caramel nest cradling a golden raspberry.
- TAN: Catch some rays during the Sensation Pool Party @ Monte Carlo (12-5, Fri-Sun) – Enjoy games, DJ’s and the lazy river.
- IMBIBE: Enjoy over 100 varieties of brown spirits, play interactive games or shoot pool 24 hrs/day in an upscale setting @ Whiskey Down (MGM Grand)
EVEN MORE INFO:
Vegas For Newbies
Vegas For Foodies
FREE Vegas Visitor’s Guide (Hard copy avail in U.S. & Canada)
Google Maps Street-View Tour of Vegas
Source: L.A. Times (Susan Stapleton), LVCVA